“You have to know where you want to hit the ball, but you need to be aware of the pitfalls.”
Managing Director of Pictet Bank and Trust Ltd and Global Team Head for Latam of the Pictet Group
Golf isn’t just a passion for Alberto. It holds deep lessons for life.
- Lesson one: Golf teaches you to be humble; you never know what will happen next.
- Lesson two: To maintain your standard, you have to keep working on your game. Same goes for business.
- Lesson three: It’s a game of rules and etiquette. You have to get on with people.
- Lesson four: You have to know where you want to hit the ball, but you need to be aware of the pitfalls. If you focus on the negatives, the results can be disastrous.
- Lesson five: You have to be curious in this business. It’s not all about golf. I’m curious by nature. I put a lot of emphasis on this quality – in investments, with colleagues.